We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Grain salad
- Quinoa salad
Cooked quinoa is tossed with green peppers, red onions, sweetcorn, black beans, tomato, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and feta cheese to make this remarkably refreshing salad.
125 people made this
- 200g quinoa
- 15g butter
- 475ml chicken stock
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 150g sweetcorn
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 125ml fresh lime juice or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 125g feta cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:40min cooling › Ready in:1hr25min
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water and drain. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook and stir the quinoa until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the stock, about 10 minutes. Cool quinoa in refrigerator at least 10 minutes.
- Mix together green pepper, red onion, corn, black beans, coriander, tomato, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, adobo seasoning and feta cheese in a large salad bowl. Lightly stir in the quinoa and season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice to taste, if desired. Chill the salad at least 30 minutes before serving; serve cold.
Adobo seasoning can be purchased online.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(144)
Reviews in English (106)
Great Recipe! I made this for 40 people, and it was a hit! The only thing I did differently was use 1/2 chicken broth, 1/2 water to cut down on the salt a bit.-22 Mar 2010
This was very yummy, especially with the addition of a chopped jalapeno! Making the Quinoa I substituted olive oil for butter, used water and 1 tsp kosher salt. I needed to make ahead so I used a different technique; cooked quinoa and refrigerated overnight in a separate bowl by itself; then chopped all the vegetables except cilantro, added a chopped jalapeno, used fresh cooked corn off the cobb, mixed in a bowl set aside. Then made a dressing with the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and adobo seasoning (I made my own seasoning; does not contain salt or MSG); tossed with vegetable mix; tossed in the drained and rinsed beans and marinated mixture over night. The next morning; chopped the cilantro; gently folded with the vegetables; then folded in the quinoa; put back in refridgerator. Just before serving gently folded in the feta cheese and garnished with whole cilantro leaves. Did not use any extra salt; except when cooking quinoa. The cheese is very salty, no need to add extra. The day after my party I added left over cut up grilled chicken to the left over salad. Even my meat and potatoes husband LOVED it!-23 May 2010
by Margaret Pfeifle
I made using Kashi pilaf and didn't use chicken broth and I thought this was great. Making it for lunch. I didn't have adobo so looked up recipe for it and made it from scratch.-28 Feb 2010