We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Lime cheesecake
Sweet, tart and delicious! You can use key limes if you are lucky enough to get them or substitute with large limes. It's best if you prepare this a day in advance.
6 people made this
- For the biscuit base
- 125g finely ground digestive biscuit crumbs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 55g unsalted butter, melted
- For the cheesecake filling
- 570g cream cheese, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 230g soured cream
- 25g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 180ml lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:8hr chilling › Ready in:9hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- To make the base: In a bowl stir together the digestive biscuit crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir in the butter and mix well to combine. Pat the mixture into the bottom and about 1.5cm up the side of a buttered 25cm springform cake tin.
- Bake the base in a preheated oven for 8 minutes. Transfer the tin to a rack and cool.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 150g caster sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the soured cream, flour, lime juice and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- Pour the filling over the base. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 120 C / Gas mark ½ and bake for 50 to 55 minutes longer, or until centre is just set and no more.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a rack, then chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand.
- Garnish with whipped cream and thin slices of lime.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(117)
Reviews in English (91)
USE THESE CHANGES!... and make a fantastic Key Lime Cheesecake!Use 3 8-oz pkgs. cream cheese instead of 2 1/2 pkgs.Use 1/3 cup lime juice instead of 3/4 cup.Use 4 eggs instead of 3.The above changes will give you superb results! Additionally, when you take the cheesecake out of the oven and set it on a cooling rack, set a timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, use a paring knife to gently separate the edge of the cheesecake from the pan. Continue to cool, and then chill 5 hours or overnight. The cheesecake will not crack and will easily come free of the pan, and look picture-perfect! Top with fresh whipped cream, (heavy whipping cream whipped with a dash of vanilla and just a tiny bit of powdered sugar).Thanks to all of you who wrote your comments to use MUCH less lime in this recipe! You saved me from making a drastic mistake, and now this recipe (with my alterations), is my favorite cheesecake recipe!-07 Feb 2006
by Patti R.
This cheesecake was excellent and loved by everyone!! Make the following changes and it will taste wonderful with no cracks. For the crust increase melted butter to 6T and add 4 T coconut. Cake: Use 3- 8oz cream cheeses, 4 eggs and 2/3 c. lime juice. I used Rose's sweetened lime juice, avail. in the cocktail isles of grocery stores. Add 2 drops of blue food coloring to give a lime green color. Bake cheese cake in a hot water bath (put cake in larger pan and add boiling water to larger pan before baking). After 50 min.of baking, open oven door and allow to cool in oven. Chill overnight. Garnish with 8 oz. cool whip, grated lime rind and thin slices of lime. This looked beautiful and tasted even better!!-14 May 2007
This was great! I did alter it though so that I could use 3 full packages of cream cheese instead of 2 and 1/2. In order to compensate for this, I added an extra egg, 1/2 tsp extra vanilla, 1/4 cup more of sugar. And I used my own crust recipe.I kept the key lime juice the same, however and found it more than adequate in the tartness department. Note to anyone using fresh key limes: It will take about 20 key limes to equal 3/4 cup of juice. Popping them in a bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds will help them to release more juice when squeezed. I used a fork to pulverize the membranes as well.Although it does seem like I changed a lot, the methods involved in the preparation are sound, and the taste yields a very refreshing tang.-15 Jun 2003