We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Italian bread
This is a wonderfully easy focaccia recipe, which even novice bread makers will enjoy. Great for parties or sandwiches.
157 people made this
- 450g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried active baking yeast
- 250ml water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:30min rising › Ready in:1hr15min
- Combine 125g of the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix well. Heat water and vegetable oil until warm, and add to yeast mixture along with the egg. Blend with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 additional minutes. Stir in 200g of flour while beating, until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- Knead in 125g flour on floured surface. Cover dough with a bowl, and let sit for 5 minutes. Place dough on a greased baking tray. Roll out to 15cm circle. Cover with greased clingfilm and a cloth towel. Place in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Uncover dough, and poke holes in it with a spoon handle at 2.5cm intervals. Drizzle olive oil on dough, and sprinkle with crushed rosemary.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 17 to 27 minutes, until just golden. Remove from baking tray, and cool on rack.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(170)
Reviews in English (128)
Fabulous recipe, but being an utter bimbo I forgot the egg. Not sure how much it effects it. It is in the oven and looks stunning-13 Nov 2011
Couldn't believe how really easy this was to make.A big hit - we all loved it.Thank you-09 Apr 2012
Really enjoyed this. V. easy to make too-25 Nov 2010