We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bean salad
- Lentil salad
This lentil salad is easy to prepare and great for a picnic or packed lunches. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days, so it's nice just to have to hand. Use your favourite vinaigrette to taste.
22 people made this
- 2 (400g) tins lentils
- 150g crumbled feta cheese
- 450ml shop-bought vinaigrette
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr10min
- Strain lentils and place in a large bowl. Pour in 1/2 of the salad dressing, and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator while preparing other vegetables. Add feta cheese, cucumber, tomato and red onion. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir in remaining dressing to taste when ready to serve. May be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(21)
Reviews in English (13)
I am so addicted to this stuff! I didn't use onion, added some bell pepper, and used olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper instead of Greek dressing. Also have used fresh dill, green onion...this is a really versatile recipe.-07 Apr 2008
This salad was alright. I think next time, I would put more of the vegetables, and less of the lentils, as they don't have much taste. And maybe use a mix of grains, instead of just the lentils.-19 Sep 2006
Wonderful salad! I made this while we were on vacation and ate it at almost every meal. I love lentils, but had not found a "wow" recipe in which to use them until this one. I've made it several times since and will say that the choice of dressing really makes a difference. I'd recommend Ken's Healthy Options Olive Oil and Vinegar, or one of the other higher end dressings. I also added olives and green onions and used as a dip with pita triangles.-01 Jul 2009