We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
- Strawberry ice cream
Homemade ice cream without the ice cream maker. You'll have loads of fun making this ice cream with the kids. Simply help them fill the plastic bag with cream and strawberries, then let them shake it till they've got smooth creamy ice cream!
81 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 2 small portions
- 250ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 scoops ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons coarse salt
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:10min freezing › Ready in:20min
- Combine the cream, sugar, vanilla and strawberries in a litre size resealable plastic bag. Press the air out of the bag, seal and shake bag to combine contents. Place the bag into a larger sized resealable plastic bag. Add the ice and salt to the larger bag, press the air out, and seal bag.
- Wrap bags in a tea towel. Shake continuously, until the contents of the small bag thicken into soft ice cream, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse the small bag quickly under cold water to wash off salt. Lay the ice cream filled baggie on a flat surface. Use a wooden spoon handle to push the ice cream down to the bottom corner of the baggie. Snip off the corner, and squeeze ice cream into a bowl.
Try other mix-ins too such as crushed chocolate, chopped fudge or honeycomb.
The salt is not consumed.
How to make ice cream in a bag
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(27)
Reviews in English (18)
It only really makes enough for one big portion but we all managed to taste it. Will do it again when the weather warms up!!-16 Aug 2011
Loved it! A perfect thing to do with family on a hot summer day!-16 Aug 2011
Left out the sugar and used blackberries. Nice!-16 Aug 2011