We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Apple desserts
This may sound like an odd concoction, but it is actually a terrifically easy pud that is a cross between a fluffy pancake and apple pie. Serve warm straight from the oven with custard or ice cream.
23 people made this
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large apple - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons of sugar while continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the milk, egg yolks, and lemon juice until well blended, then fold in the egg whites using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Melt the butter in a large cast-iron (or other oven proof) frying pan over medium heat. Spread the batter evenly in the pan. Layer the thinly sliced apple over the batter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Place the frying pan in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until the apples are golden brown and glazed looking. Cut into wedges to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (22)
Everyone liked this recipe. However, it's better if you double the batter (it makes it thicker ) and if you use grated apple instead of slices.-28 May 2006
THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I DOUBLED THE RECIPE & INCREASED THE BAKING TIME TO 20 MINUTES...IT WAS PERFECT. WE'VE HAD IT 2 WEEKENDS IN A ROW FOR BREAKFAST, BUT WHO SAYS WE CAN'T HAVE IT FOR DINNER WITH SOME SLICED HAM AND NICE FRESH SWEET BREAD...YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!-25 Sep 2006